Blogger competition – sell your item to CBB -Terms and ConditionsTuesday 2 December 2014, by The Media Team
The prizes are 2×2 tickets for the Big Brother Launch Party (“the prize”). The final date of the event will be communicated to the entrants in the Competition . There is no cash alternative.
- This Blogger competition – sell your furniture to CBB (“Competition”) is open only to UK residents aged 18 or more. The employees (and their families) of Gumtree, any affiliates, subsidiary companies, any representatives or agents of those companies and anyone else who may be professionally involved with the Competition will not be eligible to enter the Competition. The Competition begins at 00:00:01 on the 3rd of December 2014 and finishes at 23:59:59 on the 17th of December 2014 GMT (“Competition Period”)
- To enter the competition. To qualify for entry, entrants must do the following on the site during the Competition Period (each referred to as a “qualifying activity”):
I. Write a blog post of minimum 300 words describing why they enjoy using Gumtree, the item(s) they would like to sell to Celebrity Big Brother (“CBB”), where this item comes from, why they bought the item(s) and why they think it should be picked up by Celebrity Big Brother.
II. Each participant will have to publish the blog post on their blog and send the URL via email to this address email@example.com or via Twitter to this account @DottyDotFR.
III. Each participant will also need to provide valid contact details such as email, phone number and/or Twitter account.
IV. The blogpost can include any type of multimedia content such as pictures, videos, graphic assets, provided that such multimedia content is fully owned by the participant.
- One entry per person. You will be automatically entered into the competition when you complete a qualifying activity. Please note that the CBB’s decision to buy, or not to buy, your item is entirely independent from your participation in the Competition. Gumtree makes no warranty, representation or promise that any item posted by the entrant will be bought by the CBB.
- To win a prize. There will be two winners. The first prize will be attributed to the blogpost that has generated the highest number of social engagements, i.e. the highest number of Facebook “Likes” or Facebook “Share”, Twitter “tweet” and Google + “Posts”. Each of them will be considered as equal and the measurements will be made by Gumtree and will be final.
The second prize will be attributed to the blog post that has been the most popular within the Gumtree editorial team.
- The winner will be notified by telephone, email or Twitter, to the current registered telephone number, email address or twitter account provided to Gumtree, within 7 days following the end of the Competition Period.
- Entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details they have provided are up to date and accurate so they can be contacted if they win. If Gumtree or its authorised agents are not able to contact the winner by midnight 7 days after the first attempted notification, Gumtree reserves the right to select an alternative winner and the original winner’s entitlement will lapse.
- The name of the winner and their county will be available from the 22nd of December 2014. To receive this information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the winner wishes to forgo the prize altogether, the winner must notify eBay within 7 working days of Gumtree’s initial notification. After the 7 day period has expired, Gumtree will select an alternative winner will be selected using the criteria described in clause 4.
- The adjudicator’s decision is final in all cases and no communication will be entered into.
- By accepting the prize, the winner irrevocably grants Gumtree permission to use his or her name, biographical and Gumtree related information for advertising, Competition or publicity purposes.
- If Gumtree has suspicions or knowledge that any entrant/nominated person has been involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity, Gumtree reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and any related entrants.
- Gumtree may also disqualify any entrant that does not act in accordance with these terms and conditions and/or Gumtree ‘s rules and policies.
- In the event of circumstances arising, which in Gumtree ‘s opinion make it necessary to suspend, change or cancel the Competition, eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the Competition at any time. This includes the ability to substitute a prize, which is, in Gumtree’s reasonable opinion, of equivalent value, change the specification of the prize if circumstances require it or change the entry procedures from an online form to an email format. All entrants agree that Gumtree may be forced to cancel the Competition or substitute the prize if the Big Brother Launch Party is cancelled due to circumstances independent of Gumtree’s will.
- Gumtree shall not be liable, in contract or tort (including negligence) or breach of statutory duty or in any other way, for the loss or damage howsoever arising suffered by the entrant resulting directly or indirectly from entry to this Competition. Nothing in these terms shall limit Gumtree ‘s liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
- Gumtree does not accept, and is not responsible for, any lost or delayed entries. Gumtree reminds entrants of the nature and limitations of the Internet and is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software that may effect entry to the Competition.
- Although Gumtree will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all information relating to the Competition (“Competition Material”) is accurate, Gumtree is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software failure that may affect Gumtree’s operation of the Competition or the site, including without limitation the accuracy of any Competition Material.
- Gumtree.com Limited is the organiser of the Competition.