Ticket SafetyMonday 30 December 2013, by The Media Team
When you’re looking on Gumtree for last-minute tickets to see your favourite band, or to follow your favourite team at a cup final, you want to make sure you really are getting what you pay for. But how can you stay safe when buying tickets online?
Well, here’s some Gumtree advice to make sure you get to the gig without a hitch.
- Always meet face-to-face with the seller in a safe, public environment. Then you can check the tickets are real.
- Try to ask all the right questions about the tickets: What’s the face value and seat number? Why they are being sold?
- Check that the tickets can be resold – our advice is to always independently check the re-sale terms of the event before buying.
- Make sure that tickets for the event have already been issued before you pay for them – some events like Glastonbury have very specific rules.
You should also look out for any dodgy behaviour when it comes to buying tickets. For instance,
- The seller refuses to meet face-to-face
- The seller asks that you pay for the tickets before you have received them
- The seller tries to direct you to an external website
We hope that helps. If you want further advice on buying tickets, we’d also recommend a visit to our partner, GetSafeOnline.org.
The Gumtree team
We’ve been listening to your feedback, and have been working for months to make your experience on the UK’s number one classifieds site even better. So here’s what’s new. ...Read More