Join 13 million others on the new GumtreeFriday 14 May 2010, by Steve - The product guy
Last year, we asked you to tell us what would improve your Gumtree experience. Thanks to your input, we received an overwhelming 8,000 pieces of feedback and suggestions. All these have helped us to build a new Gumtree to make it easier for you to place and search for ads.
Here’s what you can enjoy by switching over to the new Gumtree:
- Search across the UK – great for cars and jobs
- Search locally in your neighbourhood – useful for everyday stuff, flats and services
- Get to any of your desired locations more easily, including cities and their surrounding areas
- Find something simply by typing your town or postcode in the search bar
- Select the city you live in to be your default Gumtree homepage
- Get the same Gumtree experience across all web browsers – we’ve made some tweaks to the fonts and colours on the site
So, what does this really mean for you? If you’re looking for something on Gumtree from the homepage, you can now get to it in as little as 3 simple clicks:
1. Select your region
2. Use the search bar to enter details of what you’re looking for, where you’re looking and which category it belongs in.
3. Voila! You instantly get a list of results. Click on an ad that interests you to view it.
It’s that easy.
The new site’s been up and running for the last couple of months and we’ve already had 13 million people switch over, discover and enjoy everything the new Gumtree has to offer. In fact, people who have switched over to the new site have found a 15% increase in replies to their ads. Find out what you’ve been missing and join us today!
Let’s not stop talking. Tell us what other improvements you’d like to see for the new Gumtree.