Baby Bargains for Gummy MummiesFriday 16 March 2012, by The media team
When two becomes three (or four, or even five), those little bundles of joy can easily leave you spending much bigger bundles of cash. So being the friendly, helpful types we are here at Gumtree, we’ve put together a top tips list to help you from bump to baby and beyond.
Whatever you’re on the hunt for, from childcare and maternity wear, to toys that they never leave home without, we’ve got savvy-parenting covered on Gumtree.com.
- TOYS: Keeping the little ones busy and entertained can be tricky at the best of times, but expense doesn’t need to be added to the trauma. Whether it’s a doll’s house, a toy car or a beautiful rocking horse, there are plenty of bargains to be found in our Toys for Sale section
- FURNITURE: You can find all your nursery needs from cots to mobiles or even night lights to help your little bundle of joy sleep more soundly. For keeping baby safe and snug, check out the cots and Moses baskets. We’ve also hunted around for ways to stop dinner time being a chore with bargain high chairs galore
- PRAMS & BUGGIES: For savvy-saving Mammas and Pappas where it won’t do unless it’s a Bugaboo (but of course), check our good-as-new prams and buggies to suit all sizes and budgets
- CLOTHES: For bundles of babygros whether it’s Mothercare or designer wear, you can make huge savings on second hand baby clothes and shoes. After all, they’ll have grown out of them in six months’ time
- MUM ESSENTIALS: Fluctuating sizes can be costly, get your maternity clothes second hand instead. And check out the closest ante-natal classes, who knows what wonderful people you could meet along the way…
- JOBS: Maybe the time has come to start looking to get back into work? Not sure where to start? Well we’ve got that covered too, there are plenty of part time jobs for evenings and weekends to help your finances go further and help you get back into the working routine
- CHILD CARE: Balancing being a parent and other commitments can be tough, but help is at hand with many registered child minders and friendly baby sitters available on Gumtree.com. If you need a bit more help, there are thousands of experienced nannies and au pairs available on the site who can offer more regular support
- We do recommend that you take time to get to know someone before taking them on, spend time to see that they get on with your children and always take references. This person will of course become an extension to your family…and this is family you can choose!
- AND FINALLY: If you’ve got piles of clothes, toys and other baby essentials they’ve outgrown, why not post an ad yourself and sell them on to make some quick extra cash – and help out a local mum?
We would love to hear about your bargain Gummy Mummy finds and read your top tips, so feel free to share away, you never know who you might be helping out…